Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Cables


Damn, but I wish I was at Stitch-n-Bitch tonight!

I'm trying to make a cabled scarf from this gorgeous wool/linen yarn that I picked up at Heindselmans, and I'm having trouble.

When I unwrapped the yarn, I discovered that it is spun thick and thin. (There's probably a technical term for this, but I'll be damned if I know what it is) Undaunted, I plunge right in.

First off, you'd think I'd have the sense to do something simple. But no, once again, I've decided to design my own pattern while learning a new technique.

So, I decided to do a cable that opens and closes again on a moss stitch background.

Is this going to work? There's a part of me that thinks, "oh, it'll be rustic" and another part that thinks it's going to look like something the cat coughed up.

I realize the resolution isn't that great, but here's where I am now. Thoughts?

p.s. those gorgeous stitch markers were a gift from the lovely Marlene!

No comments: