Friday, July 11, 2008

The Office

I've finally worked out a reasonable configuration in my office that doesn't make me want to scream or start throwing things out the window. Well, usually anyway.



So that's my sewing machine on the left, my computer in front of the window (because computers like to be near the window so they can see outside) and the makeshift desk I made by putting a couple of pieces of MDF left over from the closet remodel on top of four bins.

Oh, and perhaps you notice that I am also watching "The Office". (That's Jenna Fischer, NOT the Mona Lisa. Jenna Fischer is way cuter.) It makes me giggle ALL DAY, and I actually manage to get things done as well. No, really.



And here is a very exciting picture of my sewing machine, with (some of) J's awesome collection of signed basketballs on the shelf above it, my thread organizer to the left, and my little mess of stuff that I haven't figured out where to put yet. It's a very eclectic workspace.




And here we have my desk, with the dress form I made of Jessica behind it, and to the left all the little cubbies full of supplies and materials. Ooh, look, and there's my lunch! Tomatoes and cucumbers and fresh basil. YUMMY. Also very exciting.



Hmm. Looking at these pictures, I'm surprised that I'm so inordinately pleased.

No comments: